How to set up the app
On this page:
Protect your device
Before you get the app, make sure to protect your device. Anyone that can unlock your mobile device could use the app to:
- See your identity information, such as your name or birthdate
- Log in your account and see your data and activity
- Log in to websites as you
Get the app
- Get the BC Services Card app
- Open app
- We recommend you allow notifications when asked as they provide a faster way to log in
- Review privacy information
Provide your ID
You can use the following types of ID:
- Just a BC Services Card with a photo
- A BC Services Card without a photo + photo ID
- 2 pieces of government-issued ID
Accepted photo ID or government-issued ID
Note: if you have the app set up on another device, you can skip the next steps and just scan a QR code to complete setup.
Provide your email address
We'll only email you about your logins or changes to your account.
You need to verify your email address to:
- Prove you have access to the email account
- Confirm you entered your email address correctly
Verify your identity
Verify your identity to complete setting up the app. You will not need to do this each time you log in.
It's important because it:
- Proves you are who you say you are
- Makes sure no one else can set up the app with your ID
- Helps protect your privacy
- Makes the app more secure with enhanced levels of security
You have 7 days to verify your identity after you provide your ID in the app. If you cannot complete it within that time, simply start again when you're ready.
Things to check if you're having trouble
- Your computer or mobile device is connected to the internet
- The operating system (OS) on your mobile device is up to date. Only the following OS are supported:
- Android version 6.0 or above
- iOS 10 and above
- You're not using a Beta OS
- The BC Services Card app on your mobile device is up to date:
- Your mobile device has device protection enabled
- For example, on an iPhone or iPad you may have a device passcode, Touch ID or Face ID to unlock your device
- Learn more about how to protect your device
- Your camera and microphone are working if you choose to verify your identity by video
- If you're still having trouble setting up the app, contact us
Need more help?
You can find more help online in the user guides. If you're not able find what you're looking for and want to talk to someone, call the BC Services Card Help Desk.
BC Services Card Help Desk
Open Monday to Friday (except statutory holidays)