How to set up
There are 2 options to set up an account. For both options, you'll need to:
- Provide government-issued ID
- Do a security check to verify your identity with your ID. It protects your identity and makes sure no one else can access services as you
Choose an option
Please note: either option can be used to log in from a computer or laptop.
Option 1: Mobile app
The BC Services Card app is free. Only download it from the official app stores listed below.
Or on your mobile device, go to https://id.gov.bc.ca or scan this QR code to get the app.
Only provide your information and verify your identity in the app. Read a step-by-step guide
Option 2: Username, password and BC Token
To use a username and password, you'll also need use a BC Token. This option is available if you do not have a mobile device or cannot use one.
A BC Token is:
- A small device that displays a code. You get a new code to enter each time you log in
- An extra layer of protection that makes it secure to log in with a username and password
- Free to get. Each person gets their own. It cannot be shared with others
You do not need a username and password to log in from a computer or laptop. You can use the mobile app.