Using a BC Token
A BC Token is a small device that makes it secure to log in with a username and password.
Why you need to use a token
You only need a BC Token if you want to log in with a username and password. You don't need one if you use the BC Services Card app.
The token adds an extra layer of protection to your username and password.
It requires 2 things to verify your identity when you log in:
- Your username and password
- A one-time code provided by the BC Token device
A BC Token is assigned to you. Each person gets their own. It can't be shared with others.
Who can get a token
It's only available to use with the following services:
How to use a token to log in
- Go to a website and choose to log in with BC Services Card
- Enter your username and password – your username is usually your email address
- Turn on your token and enter the one-time code
The token will display a new code every 60 seconds. The codes are only used once. You don't need to remember them.